Monday, January 30, 2012

Late Night Sweet Craving

I don't crave sweets very often but when I do, I go for something healthy! Stress can cause us to crave sweets as well as a rise or fall in blood sugar levels. Eating 5-6 small meals a day helps to regulate our blood sugar levels as well as keep our metabolism working hard! There are also those days that nothing helps rid you of those cravings so remember to drink plenty of water to fill you up first and then indulge!
Think fruits and sugar-free syrups. Yogurts and sorbets. Throw on some granola or nuts for some added crunch.

This treat I made tonight for these very reasons. I was craving something sweet!!!! Soooooo I sliced a small banana. Added some blueberries and blackberries. Drizzled with a lil sugar-free chocolate and caramel sauce. Boom! Done! Small treat that's healthier than the alternative we would normal reach for...a cookie, ice cream, chocolate covered nuts or candy. My dessert = less than 100 calories, no fat. 1/2 cup of ice cream = 170 calories and 9g of fat! Certainly don't wanna eat that ESPECIALLY before bedtime. Enjoy........while visions of sugar plums dance in your head!

Sweet Dreams, Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment