Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Do It

Hello!

I must start my first post by saying a huge THANK YOU to all those who have encouraged me to start a blog! So often people tell us things or make suggestions that, at first we take as a huge compliment and great idea then merely do nothing! So I am stepping out of my box, a little out of my comfort zone and am taking that step. Like a New Years Resolution, we often make and never keep, I told myself I would start DOING instead of just SAYING! So here goes........

My culinary background reflects my love and passion for food and in recent years, with kids, getting older and my expanding waistline, I have turned to finding healthier ways to cook. From simply substituting one item for another to certain cooking techniques and quick easy meals, there is a way to eat healthy and it taste fabulous. "Healthy-good-for-you-food" doesn't have to taste bland and be boring. I will share with you tips, techniques and recipes for the single person, the novice, the mom-on-the-go, and my fellow foodies.

We all know staying in shape and healthy is a way of living - a lifestyle. So exercise and fitness go hand in hand with food and diet. My background in fitness, as well as currently studying for my personal training certification through Cooper Institute in Dallas, enables me to share my experience and knowledge with those of you who seek it! I love helping others discover new and exciting things! After all, what's life without fun and excitement?? Booooorrrring!

So spice up your life! Take a risk! Do something new! And join me on the journey! The best part about food and cooking is it brings people together! So gather your friends, family and kids in the kitchen and get cookin!


Your Fitness Foodie,
Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment