Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quick Brkfst

So I find myself MANY MORNINGS rushing to get out the door to take kids to school, get to the gym and start my day. As we have been told since we were kids, breakfast is THE most important meal of the day and "they're" right! So don't skip it! You will find yourself crashing in the early and late afternoon which leads to you rummaging through the junk food for a quick fix. So for those mornings when you don't have time to bust out the pans, the toaster, the griddle and the mess reach for something like this!
PB Breakfast Banana Split
Sliced Banana
Yoplait Light 100 calorie Boston Cream Pie
1 Tbsp of Smart Balance PB (80 cal) or PB2 Powdered PB (45 cal)
Sprinkled with granola (I use Golden Temple French Vanilla Almond from Healthy Living section at HEB)

Quick. Simple. Easy.  You can add other fruits such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries. Use any granola mix you like. Add some almonds or pistachios. Or turn it into a quick dessert by drizzling a lil sugar-free chocolate or caramel sauce (as I showed in my last post)!

And as I type I find my son has rubbed yogurt all in his hair! So on that note, I'm off!

As Always Happy Eating,
Nic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment